- About us
- May Notices
- Intimations - Births, Marriages and Deaths
- Presbytery Faithshare Visit to Zimbabwe
- Presbytery Visit To Zimbabwe - pdf
- Prayer Diary
- Stewardship 2013
- spirit Spring Newsletter
- CoS Update Newsletter
- Photo Gallery
- Message from Bulawayo
- Decisions on Church Buildings
- World Mission Council update Newsletter
- CoS ECUMENICAL RELATIONS
- Historic links with China
- Catherine Nicol - Award
- Tumaini Childrens Trust
- Souper Sunday Update
- St Andrew's Sunday School in Bulawayo
- From the Papers
- Stamp out Leprosy
- St Columba RTC
- What's On
- Contact Us
(Membership revised March 2012 and Updated March 2013))
Note: If unable to carry out your duty on the date shown please arrange to exchange duties with a members from another Team
First Named is Team Leader
Banker is indicated by *
Notes of Guidance For The Members of the Welcome Teams
1. Two members of the Welcome Team should report for duty at 9.10am when there is a 9.30am service and 6.10 when there is a 6.30 service. All members should report for duty at 10.30am for the 11am service
2. Members of the Team should be in the vestibule to welcome members as they arrive and to hand over the Order of Service. Visitors, having been welcomed, should be assisted in finding a seat in the church. The members on the inner door should ensure that this door is closed to after use to conserve heat.
3. Visitors for baptisms should be directed to seats at the front of the Church. The Baptismal family – parents, baby and godparents – should be shown to the Vestry/Retiring room.
4. The Team Leader will distribute the Offering Bags or Plates to members of the Team and allocate the areas from which they are to collect the offering.
5. The front doors of the Church will be closed but not locked wen the last verse of the first hymn is being sung. Members of the Congregation should be advised not to leave anything of value in the vestibule.
6. Where curtains exist at the doors to the Sanctuary they should be pulled across when members of the Welcome Team take their seats. A member of the Team must remain near each of the doors from the Sanctuary to pull back the curtain immediately when an emergency evacuation of the sanctuary is required.
7. The Offering will be uplifted when indicated, starting normally at the front of the Sanctuary. Members will carry the Offerings to the Communion Table at the end of the hymn that is being sung. When all offerings have been placed on the Communion Table they will retire.
8. During the singing of the last hymn the Team Leader will open the front door of the Church.
9. After the service ALL members of the Team will meet with the “Banker” in the Session Room to count and record the Offering. For security, one member of the Team will accompany the Banker to the Bank to deposit the Offering.
10. Before leaving the building the Team and Duty elder should ensure that the Sanctuary is tidy i.e. hymnbooks placed in backs of seats or at end of pews. Any order of service that has been left behind – removed.